Unique does cooking
This page may contain some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been seeing so many of my friends begin or continue on their healthy eating paths. It has inspired me to take control of the eating that my household does. My husband and I have agreed to choose healthier options when we do our meal planning. So, we both scoured Pinterest for inspiration and I landed on lettuce wrapped fajitas.
This is perfect for those who are doing keto meals, vegans and vegetarians, and anyone leading a healthy lifestyle!
I did have to put my own twist on it because if I didn't it wouldn't be Unique! You can put your own twist on it to fit your eating preferences.
I made the fajita seasoning because after reading the labels I felt it was too much salt. (When you know better, you do better.)
So on the recipe!
2 chicken breasts - sliced in strips
2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
1 package of mushrooms
Whole Romaine lettuce leaves
2 tsp. Cayenne Chili Powder
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1. Heat medium skillet with olive oil.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Slice chicken breasts.
4. Place sliced chicken in skillet and cook until no pink. (*Optional: LIGHTLY Season chicken with favorite seasonings.)
5. While chicken is cooking slice all vegetables. Feel free to add different vegetables.
6. Remove chicken and place in medium bowl.
7. Add onions to skillet. Saute 1-2 min.
8. Add all peppers. Saute 1-2 min.
9. Add mushrooms. Saute 1-2 min.
10. Add sauteed vegetables to bowl with chicken.
11. Top chicken and vegetables with all Fajita Seasonings.
13. Place chicken and vegetables on aluminum lined baking sheet.
14. Bake for 5-7 min or until all vegetables are tender.
15. Serve in romaine lettuce and top with your favorite toppings!
16. Enjoy and remember to be uniquely you!