Unique does cooking
This page may contain some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're following the blog you know we're on a path to eating healthier. A friend of mine started a keto lifestyle and she posted these lasagna stuffed peppers and I just had to have the recipe and try it. As usual I had to put my own twist on it!
I decided to use ground chicken but you can use whatever meat you like or you can go meatless. I also added onions and mushrooms. If you're not a fan of either take them out. If you are living a keto lifestyle use 1/2 an onion rather than a whole one. My husband loves these and has requested them to be in the regular rotation. If you try these be sure to tag @UniqueDoes on Instagram or #UniqueDoes on facebook! Let's grow our community and share recipes!
So...on to the recipe!
6-8 Peppers - Any color will work. (I used red, yellow, and green.)
1 LB Ground chicken (optional)
1 onion - chopped
6 baby bella mushrooms - sliced (Optional)
3 TBSP Garlic - chopped
1 TBSP Seasoning Salt
1 TBSP Pepper
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 cup Mozzarella
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut tops of peppers and clean out.
3. Bake peppers for 15-20 min.
4. In medium skillet, over medium heat, add 1 TBSP Olive Oil.
5. Add ground chicken.
6. Season with seasoning salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
6. Brown chicken.
7. Drain chicken.
8. Add chopped onion to skillet.
9. Once onions are translucent, add garlic.
10. Add mushrooms.
11. Let sauté until garlic is aromatic.
12. Return ground chicken to skillet.
13. Let cook for about 2-4 min.
14. Add pasta sauce.
15. Let simmer.
16. Remove peppers from oven.
17. Place 1 Spoonful of meat sauce in each pepper.
18. Top with 1 spoonful of Ricotta cheese.
19. Repeat steps 17 and 18 until peppers are filled.
20. Top with mozzarella cheese.
21. Bake for 5-7 min or until cheese is bubbly/brown.
22. Enjoy and be uniquely you!
Be sure to subscribe! Like @UniqueDoes on Instagram and follow on Facebook.
If you try the recipe tag us on Instagram. Come back next week for a new recipe!