Unique does cooking
This page may contain some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you've been along on this ride, you know I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Partially because I want to be healthy and lose weight AND because I'm going on a trip next month and I want to look Ah-Mazing in my swimsuit! #DoNotJudge
I love food! I love all kinds of food! One thing I miss about home is the food! Tuesdays come and I want tacos but the shells aren't the healthiest choice and they are a no-go if you're following the Keto diet. I saw these Keto Chicken Quesadillas and I put it on my list for my next Taco Tuesday craving. Best.Decision.Ever!
I didn't have to add much cheese on top of my fillings because the "tortilla" is nothing but cheese. The cheese lover I live with and call my husband was extremely ecstatic to try them. I have to admit, I was too.
If you try these one important thing to do is after you bake the cheese for about 5 or so minutes, let it cool. I made the mistake of not letting the cheese shell cool and it made the quesadilla very hard to move from the pan to the plate and it could only be eaten with a knife and fork. The beauty of Taco Tuesday is devouring them with your hands. Next time I'm actually going to let them cool in the shape of tacos. If you'd like taco shells when you take the shell out of the oven let it cool over the handle of a wooden kitchen utensil or anything really that will allow it to hang.
You can also use whatever meat you prefer or no meat and you can add whatever vegetables you like in your quesadilla. The first time I tried this I only did green peppers and onions with chicken. The second time I did green pepper, red pepper, and onions and chicken When we had leftovers my husband asked me to add mushrooms to his. So add whatever you like, to make it Uniquely You!
Enough talking, let's get to the Recipe!
2-4 chicken breasts or whatever meat you prefer or no meat
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups of cheddar
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella
Sour cream - if desired
Salsa - if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cover bottom of skillet with olive oil.
3. Chop all vegetables.
4. Saute vegetables.
5. While veggies are cooking, cut meat into bite sized chunks. (If using shrimp, skip this step.)
6. Once veggies are cooked through, remove from heat.
7. Add 1 TBSP oil to skillet.
8. Cook meat all the way through.
9. While meat is cooking, mix cheddar and mozzarella in bowl.
10. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
11. Make preferred tortilla size circles on parchment paper.
12. Bake cheese for 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
13. Let cheese cool.
14. Add veggies back to meat. Let simmer.
15. Once cheese has cooled for about 5 minutes, flip the cheese.
16. Place chicken and veggies on half of the cheese tortilla.
17. Close quesadilla and press firmly closed.
18. Bake for 2-5 minutes.
19. Remove from oven and let cool briefly.
20. Enjoy and remember to be Uniquely You!
As always if you try this please tag @UniqueDoes on Instagram and use #UniqueDoes. Follow on facebook and be sure to subscribe to the blog so you know when a new post is live.
Be Kind to One Another and Be Uniquely You. Until next time...