Unique does cooking
This page may contain some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been craving lasagna. I don't know if it's because it's so filling or if it's because I love pasta. I wanted to try something new. Since being in the UAE, I've made a regular lasagna and a lasagna ring for a party we hosted. So, I went into my repertoire and pulled out these delicious roll ups! They are so cheesy and in my house anything cheesy will be devoured.
I can assure you that every member of your family is going to love these roll ups. Usually we eat salad and pasta but this time I paired our roll ups with Garlic Cheese Bread and it wasn't even store bought. Click here to be taken to that recipe!
Let's Get Cooking!
1 LB Ground Chicken (Feel free to use turkey or beef)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 TBSP Garlic, chopped
4 oz Mushrooms (Optional)
1 jar Pasta Sauce
Ricotta Cheese, small container - 16oz
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded romano cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 TSP salt
1 TSP pepper
1/2 TSP Italian Seasoning
1/2 TSP Seasoning Salt
1/2 TSP Oregano
1. Coat medium skillet with olive oil. Place on medium heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Bring water for lasagna noodles to boil. Sprinkle a few dashes salt in pot. Add 2-3 capfuls of oil to pot BEFORE adding lasagna noodles. Cook noodles according to directions.
4. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Let cook until onions are see through (transluscent) and garlic begins to brown.
5. Add ground chicken to skillet. Season with 1/2 TSP salt, 1/2 TSP pepper, seasoning salt, Italian seasoning, and oregano. Let brown.
6. While lasagna noodles are cooking and chicken is browning, in a medium bowl beat egg.
7. Stir in 1/2 TSP Salt and 1/2 TSP Pepper.
7. Add ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, Romano cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir.
8. When noodles are al dente, drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
9. Once meat is browned, drain.
10. Sautee mushrooms in skillet meat was in. 1-2 min.
11. Return meat back to skillet.
12. Add pasta sauce. Let it come to boil.
13. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 3-5 min.
14. Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with the meat sauce.
15. Spread a spoonful of cheese mixture in the middle of a lasagna noodle.
16. Spread a spoonful of meat sauce on top of cheese mixture.
17. Roll lasagna noodle and place in casserole dish.
18. Repeat until all cheese mixture has been used.
19. Spread remaining meat sauce on top of lasagna noodles.
20. Spread remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top on lasagna roll ups.
21. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
22. Uncover lasagna roll ups and bake for 5 more minutes.
23. Let lasagna noodles cool and set for about 5-7 minutes.
24. Serve with Garlic Cheese Bread.
I know you're going to love this recipe. If you try it tag @UniqueDoes on Instagram in your photo and use the hashtag #UniqueDoesCooking.
BE UNIQUELY YOU!